Monday, August 26, 2013

Photo-Microfic: Pit Stop

Photo taken by Steven Ormosi with his Samsung Galaxy S3 and edited in G+. Click on the picture for a larger version.

Pit Stop





The blown out husk of the convenience store breathed tattered, flapping plastic at me as I approached it.  I stepped on the crude no smoking sign on the way in.  The owners must have put the plastic on the windows before everything went bye bye.  I laughed to think of that thin sheet trying to do anything to stop the holy hell that Ma Nature threw at us.

I stepped through the mostly doorway, peeked up and down the aisles, and saw they’d been cleaned out already, just like every other store within the last thirty miles.  As I walked out, I spied one last pack of cigarettes behind the counter and snagged it.

Back outside, standing on the ‘M’, I lit up the first of the pack, took a drag and exhaled.  Then I got back to walking.

No comments: