Friday, August 16, 2013

Photo-Microfic: The Tree

Photo taken by Steven Ormosi with his Samsung Galaxy S3 and edited in G+. Click on the picture for a larger version.

The Tree




The Tree Men come so rarely these days that I almost couldn't believe he was in my back yard.  When he was near enough, he rested, motionless for a moment and took stock of the situation.  I reverently waited for him to speak.

“You've done well with my idiot brothers,” he said.

“It makes me so happy to hear you say that," I responded, glancing at the other trees in the yard, "I take care of them the best I can.”

“I thank you for that.  Keep telling them that I love them.  I fear I will not be back for a long time.”

He made a slow circle and began to lumber back the way he came.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Back,” he said without turning, “Back home.”

No comments: