Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Photo-Microfic: Rural Legend

Photo taken by Steven Ormosi with his Samsung Galaxy S3 and edited in G+. Click on the picture for a larger version.

Rural Legend



“It lives in there?” asked Jake.

“That’s what they say. I’ve heard that it eats nothing but the bones of humans. Spits out all the guts and skin,” said Kat.

Jake gulped, “Amanda told me that no one has ever gone inside and come back out alive.”

“Well go on. You said you’d take the dare. Get inside and see what happens.”

“I don’t think I want to go in anymore,” said Jake, “I don’t want anything eating my bones.”

“What are you, a chicken?” Kat began to cluck at Jake.

“Stop it. I’m not a chicken.”

Kat continued clucking.

“Ok, ok. I’m going. Just shut up.”

Jake stepped into the entrance and breathed a sigh of relief when it seemed there was nothing in the darkness.

His breath caught in his throat when he heard the sound of pouring liquid filling something up. Two large yellow eyes opened and glowed, staring straight into him.

“Cup of tea?” asked a gravelly voice from behind the eyes.

Jake ran out, past Kat, and straight home, screaming the whole way.

No comments: