Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Photo-Microfic: Just as Sweet

Photo taken by Steven Ormosi with his Samsung Galaxy S3 and edited in G+. Click on the picture for a larger version.

Just as Sweet



We hit the bridge late at night. We had all been drinking and partying in the city and it was nice to lay my head on the window and watch the lights fade into the distance, bridge posts flashing past my eyes as we went. I tried to keep count but my mind wandered after three.

The others were talking, but I wasn’t listening. I was thinking about the girl I had met. The one I’d never see again. The one I probably wouldn’t even be able to remember tomorrow. A snap and she was gone. Like the bridge posts flying by out the window. But I remembered her now and cursed myself for not asking for her number.

We were both so drunk, but I held on to her memory. She had orangey hair and an insane laugh and a scathing sense of humor and her name was Stephanie… or was it Sarah?

No comments: