Monday, September 2, 2013

Photo-Microfic: Skipping Stones

Photo taken by Steven Ormosi with his Samsung Galaxy S3 and edited in G+. Click on the picture for a larger version.

Skipping Stones



We gathered a nice pile of flat stones and then we stood at the water’s edge and tried to skip them all the way across. They never made it to the other bank. We couldn't think of anything to talk about, my pop and me. So we just kept on skipping them rocks.

Eventually, I said, “You know they’ll catch up to you, right?  You can’t run forever.”

“I know,” he said, whipping a good one across the surface of the water “I called ‘em right before we came down here, told ‘em where I’d be tonight. Even gave you the credit for the tip so you can collect the reward money. I’m turning myself in, son. I just wanted to come out to the lake one last time and skip stones like we used to.”

No comments: