Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Brief Review: Trees by Warren Ellis

Trees, Vol. 1 (Trees #1)Trees, Vol. 1 by Warren Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As usual, Ellis brings his unique style to bear on a graphic novel so original that only he could mind-birth it. Full disclosure here, I'm a long time fan of Warren Ellis and the opening volume of Trees is just what I was hoping for. He brushes fingertips along the issues of over-militarization, Trans-culture, scientific hubris, and just straight up gangsterism without missing a beat...

Oh yeah, and there are gigantic alien structures that people call trees which have planted themselves sporadically across the face of the Earth. Every so often, they splooge deadly green goo, but no one is quite sure why they're there or where they came from. But one thing you can be sure of, they're going to wake up and start talking eventually.

Trees is another book that I hope will inspire my creative mind for a long time to come and I can't wait to read volume 2.

View all my reviews

Amazon Link: Trees Volume 1

No comments: