Saturday, January 27, 2007

Friends in High Places

Knowing cops is pretty much the best thing ever. On my way home from my friend's house last Sunday after watching the football games and drinking about 9 or 10 beers I was pulled over for pretty much running a red light. Mind you I didn't really run the light, it was yellow when I was underneath it, but that's neither here nor there. The cop pulled me over and we subsequently had this conversation:

(I start getting my shit out of the glove box to give to the guy)

Cop (as he's walking up to my window): License and registration pl...HEY MAN, what the fuck are you doin' running my lights?

Me: Oh, hey man, what's up. I'm really sorry about that, I was looking down at my radio for a second and couldn't stop in time.

Cop: Oh yeah? (Shines the flashlight in my eyes and laughs) What were you doin' tonight? Smokin' weed?

Me: Nah, I don't do that.

Cop: Crack? Heroin? You drinking?

Me: I was drinkin a little bit watching the ball games.

Cop: Oh yeah? Who won?

Me: The Bears and the Colts...I picked one out of two.

Cop: Oh yeah? Good for you, alright get home and slow down.

(I drive away)

God bless America.





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: