Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Catching Up

I’ve had lots of stuff to talk about lately and no time to write about it. Frankly I’m disappointed in myself, but that’s alright, here goes nothing.

I have a comic review on the backburner for now because I just started a new job (in the same company) and I’m still getting used to/celebrating the later hours. I have about 4 million stories started that I’m sure will never get finished for the simple fact that I’ve let them stew for much too long already. I want to get to a point where I’m writing every day, but it’s not as easy as it seems.

My bid to quit smoking has failed pretty miserably so far. I need to try again, I think I made some good headway last time and just need to give myself a final push and I’m certain I’ll be done for good. Haven’t done any physical activity in the longest time either, I’m convinced my body is going to degenerate until I’m just a swirling spiral of smoke with a beer in it’s somehow still corporeal hand.

News has been interesting lately, “CNN was one of only two American news organizations ever allowed to visit the main nuclear facility at Yongbyon.” This article was about a recent tour of a North Korean nuclear plant where they extracted plutonium for nuclear weapons projects. The North Koreans are looking to gain more favor with the US in return for some supplies etc that they need. Hopefully this is good, but I have my doubts. I guess we’ll see what happens with all that.

Lots of news on Slashdot about RIAA suits and it looks like a lot of it is good news these days. It’s about time they lost a little ground in this battle to anally rape music lovers.

The Pentagon confirmed that we successfully shot down a satellite last week. Hopefully we can do that when something that can actually hurt us is bearing down on our atmosphere.

I think I’m going to do a blog post where I list my favorite web comics soon. It seems like the thing to do, and it will give me an easy to access list if anybody asks about what comics they should be reading online. If anyone in the world is reading this, let me know if you can think of any good ones. I also have to post Harlan Ellison’s rant about the WGA strike…I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I guess that’s it for now. Gonna try to keep this more up to date in the future, but as always, no promises.

No comments: