Monday, December 10, 2012

Words

Words...words, words words, words and words and words.  They are a menace, they don't obey, they don't ever.fucking.listen.  Just once, Words, I want to shoot you out of my fingers and into this magical box and I want to think, "Yes.  That is what I thought you'd say.  That is what you should say. And furthermore, you will stay that way, because I AM THE ONE WHO CONTROLS YOU."  But I'm lying to myself.  Even now, I am thinking how this post doesn't seem as deep as it was supposed to be.  This isn't a glimpse inside my creative process.  It's a little boy complaining about how his toys won't work right.  It's a madman with a gun and he can't seem to aim the muzzle away from himself no matter how hard he tries.

The first few weeks of getting back to writing like it's my freakin job have yielded some fruit.  That includes getting this blog going again.  I've got a lot to do though and just because I'm writing all the time, doesn't mean I'm writing the things that I want to be writing or at least not writing them well.  And it doesn't mean I'm doing a good job editing either, dammit.  Yes, I do have a bunch of stories which will be released as Out of Place, Out of Time 2 at some point.  No, I don't know when.  Editing is really taking me out of it this time and I can't for the life of me figure out why.  It is coming along slowly, I will say that.  But it is very slow and every time I get started I get pulled away by an idea or you know... booze or something.  It's not a perfect system, but it keeps me drunk.

So yes, I am writing.  I am not promising anything though.  I'm not sure if I'm getting better or worse.  I don't think that's something I'm qualified to comment on.  But I am folding words up with other words in a word goulash and wording word word word.  Hyrule, help me.  Here we go again, back into the fray.

No comments: